Housing and care home options
If you're finding it difficult to cope at home, there are lots of options available to you, including:
- adapting your current home to make it work for you
- moving to self contained accommodation or a nursing home
Staying at home
If you don't feel that moving house is the right option for you, that's ok. We can help adapt your current home so that you can stay where you are.
This can include:
- installing special equipment and technology
- having carers visit and provide help
- energy saving tips and how to keep your home warm
We can talk you through what help you may need. Contact us for a free health and needs assessment.
Moving to a new home
If you think that you can no longer safely stay in your current home, we can help you find somewhere more suitable to live and possibly help with funding.
This could be:
- supported living (for people with learning disabilities and long-term mental health needs)
- self contained accommodation, known as extra care housing
- residential and nursing homes
Find out more about renting from the council or a housing association (citizens advice.org).