What is Better Lives?
A strategy for the future of adult social care in Buckinghamshire
At Buckinghamshire Council, our vision is for people to lead “Better Lives”. We want to ensure that people stay as independent as they can for as long as possible and to offer extra support when needed to help people regain their independence.
As part of our Better Lives strategy, we focus on three key areas:
Better Lives outcomes
Both now and in the future:
- more people will live independently without the need for long-term services
- fewer people will need to be in residential or nursing care
- more people will stay living independently after leaving hospital
- young people moving from children’s services will be better prepared for adulthood
- more people will have control over their support through Direct Payments
Contact Better Lives
For more information, you can contact [email protected]
The Local Account for Buckinghamshire Adult Social Care 2020/21 describes our achievements and improvements in the past year and our vision for the future.
Your feedback is really important to us. If you have any questions regarding the data or content of the report or if you would like to give us any feedback, you can email [email protected]. We also welcome any ideas on how future Local Accounts should look and what you would like to be included.
Previous years' Local Accounts: