Care Advice
Search for information, advice and guidance

Paying for care

Financial assessments

A financial assessment or means test works out if the council will pay towards your care

What are Direct Payments?

If you are eligible for a personal budget, you can have all or part of it paid to you via Direct Payments. Find out more about direct payments here

Advice and guidance for self-funders

A self-funder is someone who pays the full cost of their own care and support. Find out more about what this means here

Pay an invoice

Click here to make a secure payment using your credit or debit card. You will need the customer account and invoice numbers shown on your invoice

How can community advocacy help me?

Community advocacy can help carers know their rights and explore their available options

Managing someone's finances

Information about some of the options available if you need to manage someone’s finances, including power of attorney and becoming an appointee or deputy

What is a personal budget?

Your personal budget is the amount of money your local council will pay towards any social care and support you need

NHS continuing healthcare

NHS continuing healthcare is free care for people who have significant and ongoing healthcare needs. It’s often referred to as CHC funding

Deferred payment agreements for long-term care

A deferred payment agreement can be used if you need to move into a care home but don't want to sell your home during your lifetime to pay for your care

Homecare (non-residential) costs

A list of the current costs for homecare (non-residential) services

What happens if I pay for my own care but my money is reducing?

You may be eligible for help with funding if your savings and assets fall below a certain value

Residential and Non-residential charging policies

This tile contains the charging policies for Residential and Non-residential services

Adult Services Directory

Local activities, organisations and things to do

Search for information and advice on our website